Garbage Disposal Services in Charlotte, NC
Garbage disposals are a fundamental feature of the modern kitchen. That’s why a jammed garbage disposal is enough to bring food preparation and cleanup to a grinding halt. Of course, if you live in an older home, your sink might not have a disposal, forcing you to keep food scraps out of the drain to avoid clogs.
If you’re looking for garbage disposal repair or installation in Charlotte, Roby Services is the plumber to call. We have over 70 years of experience and will only send a qualified technician to perform the services you need.
Garbage Disposal Installation & Replacement
Are you thinking about adding a garbage disposal to your kitchen sink? You’ll love how much easier it becomes to cook meals when you don’t have to stress about food scraps falling into the sink! And if your existing unit has stopped working at its prime, a garbage disposal replacement can restore full functionality to your kitchen.
Turn to Roby Services for the job, and you’ll enjoy these benefits of professional garbage disposal installation:
- Access to reliable products: Not all garbage disposals are created equal. Don’t risk picking out an inferior model — trust a plumber to recommend the perfect product for your needs.
- Quick installation: Rather than spending your valuable free time with your head under the kitchen sink, call Roby Services for a fast, affordable installation.
- Job well done: A DIY job could be messy or increase the risk of water damage later on. By trusting a qualified plumber, you can rest assured that the installation will stand the test of time.
Garbage Disposal Repair
Garbage disposals are robust appliances meant to last for many years, but they still break down occasionally. Here are some common garbage disposal issues that warrant scheduling a repair:
- You get no response when you flip the switch: First, make sure the unit is plugged in and the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped. Then, try pressing the reset button on the bottom of the disposal. If these tips don’t work, call Roby Services for garbage disposal repair.
- You hear a humming sound, but the garbage disposal doesn’t turn on: This could mean the flywheel is jammed. To clear the jam, ensure the disposal is switched off, and then insert a quarter-inch Allen wrench into the bottom of the unit and twist it around.
- The disposal runs but operates poorly: Garbage disposal impeller blades dull over time. It may be possible to sharpen them or replace the grinding mechanism to restore proper function.
- You spot a puddle under the disposal: A damaged hose, broken seal, or loose connection could be to blame. If the disposal itself is leaking, you may need to replace it.
- The garbage disposal runs, but the sink is clogged: Never use chemicals to clear a blockage in the kitchen sink. Instead, schedule drain cleaning with Roby Services.
If your garbage disposal is broken, call the experts at Roby Services at (980) 308-0200.
What To Avoid Putting Down the Garbage Disposal
To keep your garbage disposal in good working order, don’t put these foods down the drain:
- Cooking grease, oil, or fat
- Stringy, fibrous foods
- Starchy foods
- Hard objects
- Non-food items
Schedule Garbage Disposal Services in Charlotte, NC
At Roby Services, we have what it takes to install or repair your garbage disposal to your satisfaction. In fact, with our amazing attention to detail, extraordinary know-how, and signature customer service, you can trust us to handle your entire to-do list. We’re ready to take on any electrical, handyman, heating and cooling, or plumbing challenge, so reach out today to ask how we can help.