Charlotte AC Repair
24/7 Emergency Air Conditioning Repair in Charlotte, NC – Call (980) 308-0200
No matter what time of year it is in North Carolina, it is important to have a fully operational and efficient air conditioning system to stay cool and comfortable in your home or business. When your AC breaks, you can rely on the emergency AC repair technicians at Roby Services to get your system back up and running in no time. If there is a more serious issue, we can also help get a new AC unit in your home or commercial space so that you are not left without cool air.
Our full range of air conditioning services include:
- AC repair
- AC installation
- AC replacement
- AC maintenance
For emergency AC repair in Charlotte, NC call Roby Services today!
How Do I Know If I Need AC Repair?
It would be nice if air conditioners never had any problems and lasted forever. Since this is not the case, you will want to be aware of common indications your AC system is not performing as it should. Early detection and action can prevent more severe problems from occurring and save you money on your energy bills.
Signs that you need air conditioning repair:
- No cool air – If you’re not getting any air at all it could be a problem with your blower fan. But if the air isn’t cooled then it could be your evaporator coil or an air filter that needs a cleaning.
- Poor airflow – If you’re getting some air, but not the amount that you’re used to, then it’s likely your ducts. You could be losing some treated air, or maybe there’s something in your ductwork that’s impeding your airflow.
- Unusual noises – All AC units make some noise, but if you’re hearing something that’s new, abrupt or particularly loud then call in our Charlotte AC repair experts.
- Strange odors – A burning smell coming from your vents in the summer time usually means something is wrong in your unit.
- Accumulation of moisture – As cooling air requires a bit of condensation, you’ll sometimes get mold and mildew growth in your unit or ductwork as a result.
- Faulty thermostat – If your AC isn’t cooling to the desired temperature, it could be your thermostat that’s the culprit.
- Excess cooling costs – When your AC gets older, it might cool to the amount you want, but need more electricity in order to do so which will cost you.
- Frequent cycling – Short-cycling is the result of a compressor that’s on the fritz. Either that or your AC could be too big for your home.
- Extended cooling times – If it’s taking longer to cool then usual, call in our AC repair specialists to take a look and see what’s going on.
- Reduced indoor air quality – Like efficiency, older AC units can negatively impact your indoor air quality in a few ways so it’s good to subscribe to routine AC maintenance.
If you notice any of the warning signs listed above, reach out to one of our experienced AC repair technicians to have a full evaluation of your air conditioning system. After diagnosing the source of the problem, we will advise you on your best options for resolving the issue. Whether you choose to repair or replace the air conditioner, we will go to work to complete the job in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Why Is My AC Not Blowing Cold Air?
- Dirty Air Filter. One of the most common reasons that you are not experiencing proper airflow from your AC unit is due to a dirty air filter. When there is too much debris in your filter, it does not allow room for air to move over the evaporator coils, which can cause them to frost over, restricting the flow of air.
- Broken Fan Motor (for window AC units). If the fan is running too slowly or not running at all, there will be essentially no airflow running over the evaporator coils. You can check the motor for the fan inside the cabinet of your AC unit to see if the fan blades have been damaged. If the motor appears to be the issue, you will want to call a professional HVAC technician.
- Control Board Malfunction. The control board works together with the thermistor to tell the compressor to turn off or on based on the temperature you have selected on your thermostat. If the control board is defective in any way, no power can be sent to the compressor, resulting in the lack of cold air.
There are other reasons why your AC may not be working properly and it is best to always consult with an experienced air conditioning technician before trying to troubleshoot anything on your own.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
When your AC goes down there are a couple of options unless you want to brave the summer heat without AC. You could either replace the unit or consider AC repair. While repair might at first seem like the more cost-effective decision, it’s actually more expensive in the long run in the following situations.
1. Your AC is older than 10 years – On average an AC unit usually survives for 8 – 12 years depending on how it’s used, the surrounding environment and how often it is maintained. If it’s much older than that, don’t sink more money repairing a dying unit and make the switch.
2. It needs one repair after another – Our Charlotte AC repair team is always willing and able to come in and get your AC back in working order, but if you need us to fix it every year those repair calls will add up. At some point another AC repair is going to cost more than replacement when you consider a new unit is on the horizon so consider replacement before it gets to that point.
3. The unit required R22 Freon – Because of the 2020 Freon Ban AC units that depend on the banned coolant are only going to get more expensive to run as Freon becomes increasingly scarce.
The Importance of Regular AC Tune Ups in Charlotte
The best way to prevent major air conditioning problems and increase the life of your system is to keep it well maintained. Roby Services offers maintenance memberships to identify issues early and ensure that your system runs smoothly year-round in Charlotte, NC. Members enjoy two preventative maintenance appointments each year, as well as priority scheduling and discounts on all repair work.
5 Ways AC Maintenance Saves You Money
1. Spend less on repair costs – While our Charlotte AC repair team will always come in to fix your unit, if we’re getting ahead of problems then they’ll happen less frequently and be less severe as well which saves you money in the long run.
2. Longer life-span of your unit – Replacement and new installation costs can add up fairly quickly, so it’s best to get the most out of each unit so that you’re paying to replace them less often.
3. Increased energy efficiency – Our Charlotte AC maintenance experts are professionals when it comes to fine tuning your unit to maximize energy efficiency and thus keep your utility bill at bay, or improve it considerably.
4. Helps you stay under warranty – Not all manufacturer warranties are the same, but a lot of them require you to get your unit inspected and maintenance by a trained professional periodically.
5. Allows for more predictable spending – If you’re the kind of business or homeowner that wants to know what you’re spending on HVAC ahead of time to budget for it properly, then consider an AC tune up today. Not only do emergency repairs add up, but they eat into savings too.
Call (980) 308-0200 now to speak with a Charlotte AC repair expert.