Ductless Mini-Split Installation in Charlotte, NC
Energy-Efficient Heating & Cooling in Mecklenburg County
If you are looking for a highly efficient way to cool and heat your home, consider purchasing a ductless mini-split system. Installation is quick and easy and requires no messy, disruptive construction or remodeling work.
Roby Services is here to help you with ductless mini-split systems in Charlotte. From planning and selecting the best model for your home to installing and setting up your unit for maximum performance, we can make the process go quickly and smoothly.
Contact our Charlotte mini-split installation professionals at (980) 308-0200 today.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
A ductless mini-split system is a type of heating and cooling system that does not require any ducts to transfer conditioned air throughout your home. These units are made up of two components: an outdoor compressor/condenser and an indoor air-handling unit or units. It is an ideal solution for those who wish to control the temperatures in individual rooms or spaces.
The Benefits of Mini-Split Installation
We have already mentioned that ductless mini-split systems are more economical in both energy consumption and the installation process. There are several other benefits to installing a mini-split system.
These advantages include:
- Improved indoor air quality – As ductless mini-splits don’t take a toll on your indoor air quality like a furnace does, they’re a great option for those looking to improve their indoor air quality.
- Reduced carbon footprint – Mini-splits use less energy for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, they allow you to heat and cool some rooms more than others and they don’t lose treated air in duct leaks.
- Better heating and cooling of individual rooms or zones – This zone control allows for homeowners to keep their bedroom and den warm while letting the storage room in the basement get a little bit colder than the rest of the house.
- Less air loss and wasted energy – If you don’t already have existing ductwork, then consult our Charlotte mini-split installation experts because you don’t need any pricey ductwork, which can break down and result in wasted energy often.
- A more aesthetically pleasing appearance – As these units can mount on your wall, they take up very little space compared to a central AC with ducts, which can look clunky and take up a lot of space in your home.
- Decreased noise levels – As these units don’t require noisy ductwork, they make less noise than their traditional counterparts.
- They work as both heating and AC – Stop worrying about two systems for two different seasons, a ductless mini-split works for all seasons, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Ductless Mini-Split Repairs
Is your ductless mini-split not performing as it should? Signs your mini-split system needs repair include:
- Unresponsive controls, indicating either an electrical or reversing valve issue.
- Unusually high electric bills from clogged air filters, short-cycling, or failing parts.
- Reduction in cooling output, which often indicates a refrigerant leak.
- Grinding noises caused by worn-down bearings that reduce motor friction.
- Ice formation on the outdoor unit’s cooling coils is typically caused by a reduction in airflow that stems from a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, broken fan, dirty coil, or refrigerant leak.
The experienced technicians at Roby Services have installed, repaired, replaced, and maintained countless ductless mini-split systems for our customers in Charlotte, Matthews, Waxhaw, and the surrounding areas. Up-to-date training in the latest ductless mini-split repair techniques assures you get the highest quality services available.
We also offer 24-hour emergency services to manage any problems you may experience with your ductless system outside of regular business hours.
Ductless Mini-Split Replacement
Like heat pumps, ductless mini-splits have a typical life span of 10 to 30 years. Signs it’s time to replace your ductless unit include:
- The system’s age
- Frequent repairs
- A significant drop in efficiency
When you need to replace your ductless mini-split, call Roby Services to discuss all your options. We’ll guide you in choosing the proper size unit and help you make the most educated decision.
Ductless Mini-Split Maintenance
You should schedule maintenance for your ductless mini-splits just like you would for a central HVAC system. Biannual service helps maintain the system’s efficiency and your home’s indoor air quality and ensures free-flowing air circulation around both the indoor and outdoor components.
When the ductless mini-split system at your Charlotte, Matthews, or Waxhaw home isn’t working as it should, contact Roby Services online or call us at (980) 308-0200 for fast, professional repair services.
Contact Our Charlotte Ductless Mini-Split System Experts
Not sure if a ductless system is right for you or which system would best suit your needs and home? Roby Services is here to help you make informed decisions about your comfort options. As the premier HVAC company in Mecklenburg County, we install only the highest quality ductless system products from industry-leading brands.
To schedule an appointment with our Charlotte mini-split installation technicians, call (980) 308-0200 now!