Water Heater Installation & Repair in Greenville, SC
Water heater technology is exciting to Greenville property owners for good reason. Energy-saving water heaters not only lower monthly utilities but also last twice as long as older-model water heaters and increase the value of your home by as much as 4%.
Families like yours have trusted our family name since the 1950s. Roby Services guarantees superior customer care and unmatched expertise.
Water Heater Repair
When your water heater stops working, it’s inconvenient. But there are signs you need water heater repair before it quits completely.
You need water heater service if you have:
- Discolored water: Cloudy, rusty-looking hot water indicates a water heater problem. If your cold water is also discolored, it may be a plumbing problem.
- Gritty hot water: This is usually caused by mineral buildup.
- Leaks: Heed any leak from or near your water heater unit. A small leak can lead to expensive structural damage before you know it.
- Low water pressure: Interior-tank water heater sediment/mineral deposits can cause low water pressure.
- Noises: Water heaters should run quietly. Banging, clicking, hissing, popping, rumbling, screeching, or whistling noises mean you need water heater repair.
- Not enough hot water: Even though your water is sufficiently hot, you may need a burner or heating element replacement if it runs out too soon.
- Smelly water: Any water odor signals a harmful amount of bacteria or even a health risk from hazardous gas.
- Uneven water temperatures: If you notice your water takes longer to heat or doesn’t get hot enough, you need water heater service.
Water Heater Installation
If you’ve researched water heater replacements and know what you want, we still encourage you to call a professional before you buy. Water heater volume matters, but your family size and lifestyle are equally important factors. We’ll discuss SEER ratings, annual operating expenses, and fuel costs, among other things.
Should you repair or replace your traditional water heater?
You should upgrade if your water heater is more than eight years old or has already had several repairs. Never attempt a water heater installation. You not only risk injury, but you can also void warranties. And if property damage occurs because of your DIY installation, your insurance company may deny coverage.
Tankless Water Heaters
Heating water is your home’s second-highest utility cost. Today’s traditional storage water heaters are more energy-efficient and provide dependable service. But there’s no disputing the advantages of upgrading to a tankless water heater.
Tankless water heaters save space and can even be wall-mounted. They can operate using electricity, gas, or propane with 33% lower operating costs and a life span almost double that of storage water heaters. Tankless water heaters improve the value of your home and increase its marketability when you sell. If you plan to upgrade your water heater this year, ask your tax professional about federal tax credits available through 2032.
Why Choose Us?
Roby Services’ team of plumbing professionals will deliver industry-best workmanship and white-glove customer care. We’ve been serving home and business owners for decades. Don’t take our word for it, trust the countless other locals that we’ve worked with before.